Thursday, May 5, 2011

Texas Fizz | 16 down 259 to go

Think strawberry Starburst.
It’s been very busy at the Dilettante house this week, so even though numbers 16 & 17 were concocted on Saturday, they are being posted a little late.  Apologies.

Saturday was a busy day.  I needed to spend some time with friends who were helping me out on a project.  That evening we were having dinner and cocktails with J- & M-.  On my way out the door I suggested to The Partner that he select a cocktail from the bible for a pre-dinner warm up.  He protested saying this was my thing.  I insisted.  He protested.  I insisted.  He…you get the drill.  Yet to my pleasant surprise, when I came home, he had picked out the Texas Fizz.

Yes, it looks like liquid baby aspirin with a radioactive maraschino glowing in the bottom.  Yet it wasn’t that bad.  It had an elusive yet familiar flavor that I couldn’t put my finger on until The Partner said, “It tastes like a strawberry Starburst!”  Spot on!  We only had one as we had an evening of cocktailing and dinner ahead of us.  But we’ll be revisiting this one again in the future.  Sante!

Texas Fizz
1 oz. gin
1/2  oz. orange juice
1/4 oz. lemon juice
1/4 oz. grenadine
Soda water

Shake gin, juices & grenadine with cracked ice; strain into chilled wine glass.  Top with soda & garnish with lemon twist & a maraschino cherry.

3 comments:

  1. looks like easter peeps drown in there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twisted sister! That's just sick! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the peeled zest didn't look so good. A true twist would've been better aesthetically.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice! Criticism is best when friendly & constructive.